Definición de despido colectivo (número de empleados afectados):
No statutory definition of collective dismissal for economic reasons.
Art. 49The LC foresees termination of employment with no liability on the part of either party in the following cases:
- closure of all or part of the undertaking or establishment, or final reduction of the activities, resulting from the unprofitably of the business and authorized by the competent labour judge.
- business closure caused by the exhaustion of the substance exploited by the extractive industry and authorized by the labour judge.
In addition, the LC (art. 48) provides for termination without judicial intervention in the event of:
- dissolution of the undertaking in case the business has ended, orf an undertaking
- partial or total cessation of activities following bankruptcy , when it has been decided by the Trade Union or the Board of Creditors, and considered fortuitous and not negligent.
With the exception of those reasons, economic reasons are not considered to be a good cause for dismissal. Therefore dismissal based on economic reasons will be treated as de facto dismissal "despido de hecho" and will entail payment of compensation for unjustified dismissal.
Consultación previa con los sindicatos (representantes de los trabajadores):
Notificación a la administración:
Notificación a los representantes de los trabajadores:
Aprobación de la administración publica o de organismos judiciales:
However, prior judicial authorization is required in the folllowing cases:
- closure of all or part of the undertaking or establishment, or final reduction of the activities, resulting from the unprofitably of the business;
- business closure caused by the exhaustion of the substance exploited by the extractive industry (art. 49 LC).
Acuerdo de los representantes de los trabajadores:
Reglas de prioridad para los despidos colectivos (consideraciones sociales, edad, años de servicio):
Obligación del empleador de considerar solucionés alternativas al despido (transferencia, formación...):
Reglas de prioridad para la re-contratación: